04 Jan How Voiceovers Can Take Your Marketing to the Next Level
How Voiceovers Can Take Your Marketing to the Next Level
Whether you’re a small business owner or a Fortune 500 company, voiceovers are the secret sauce your marketing strategy needs to dominate in 2021 and beyond.
Because voiceovers are one of the fastest, easiest, and most affordable ways to connect, engage, and convert your target audience.
We’ll discuss all the ways voiceovers enhance your marketing strategy in this quick guide. But if you’re new to the voiceover process, let’s make sure we’re all on the same page first.
A voiceover is any type of narration by an actor off-screen. Your audience will hear the voice talent in one of your videos or ads, but they won’t ever see the actor speaking.
In our guide on the most popular types of voiceover services, we discussed how the right voice will bring your copy to life. It will connect with listeners and compel them to pay attention, encouraging them to eventually follow through on your call to action (CTA).
Most brands only consider voiceovers for radio and podcast ads. They may also sometimes use them in TV or OTT commercials. While these options are stellar for advertising, many brands fail to tap into the benefits of using voiceovers in their marketing strategy.
And that’s a big mistake.
Videos are the new king in the digital marketing world. And almost 90% of online marketing professionals say they use video in their marketing campaigns.
Your brand can whip up live-action or animated videos for product demonstrations and educational service demos, corporate messages and presentations, case studies and testimonials, event highlights, industry updates, sneak peeks into your company/team, and so much more.
Video marketing has proven to be highly effective, as these recent stats show:
- 83% of marketers say video helps them generate leads.
- 88% of marketers say video gives them a positive ROI.
- Video content earns the highest ROI of all marketing types for 51% of digital marketers.
- 99% of people who use video marketing say they’ll continue doing so.
- Video marketing can grow revenue almost 50% faster than marketing without video content.
Adding a voiceover to these videos will up your marketing game and lead to greatness.
Videos with voiceovers allow your audience to understand what your company stands for. It also gives your brand a chance to demonstrate your value and explain how your products/services actually work.
Here’s the best part: voiceovers allow your brand to streamline production and lower costs without sacrificing engagement.
See, most marketers create content for an average of three audience segments. But rather than creating three separate pieces of content, your brand can use one video with three different voiceovers to speak to each buyer persona. Pretty clever, right?
So now, let’s talk about how to put your voiceovers to work.
Voiceovers will fit into your brand’s digital marketing strategy — from content marketing and social media marketing to good ol’ fashioned email marketing — and garner real results.
Here are five ways voiceovers take your marketing to the next level:
Your company probably has a specific set of colors, fonts, social media hashtags, or logos you want your target audience to associate with your brand. But did you ever consider what your company should sound like?
Sonic branding refers to your company’s strategic use of sounds, music, and voices to enhance brand recognition.
A specific voice type (preferably one that sounds like or appeals to your target audience) helps solidify your company’s branding. It’s why home improvement stores choose an “everyday guy” voice while luxury brands opt for a more refined (or even British) accent.
This easily recognizable voice tells consumers you “get” them. Your brand seems more trustworthy and familiar, so your videos are much more likely to connect and engage with them. As your customers get used to hearing this voice and associate it with your brand, all your video marketing will feel like hearing from an old friend.
This goes a long way for establishing brand loyalty and boosting engagement rates.
Brand storytelling is at the heart of all great marketing campaigns. The stories you tell your audience help them humanize your company, connect with your brand, and develop a deeper relationship with your products and services.
According to research, 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. And millennials show the strongest preference for video content.
To give your audience what they’re looking for, your video marketing should include content such as:
- The role your brand plays in your customers’ lives. These videos should highlight all the benefits your product or service will deliver. This helps cold leads see your value and pushes warm leads through your sales funnel. Over 80% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service after watching a video like this.
- Emotionally-centered stories that tap into the core needs or emotions of your target audience. The right voiceover can instill confidence and trust to show that your brand prioritizes helping people over profits. Eight in 10 people will remember a video for the next 30 days — make a strong emotional connection, and you can almost guarantee a conversion.
- Product-driven explainers that break down features, pricing models, how-to’s/demos, etc. A staggering 95% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
Video is more effective than any other type of content for connecting, convincing, and converting, which can help you:
The goal of content marketing is to share relevant information with your target audience that helps solve a problem or specific pain point they’re experiencing. This free intel positions your brand as an authority in your niche and makes your company the go-to when it comes time to purchase products or services.
Nearly 40% of marketers say content marketing is a “very important” aspect of their overall marketing strategy. And in 2020, video became the most commonly used form of content marketing, surpassing infographics, podcasts, and blogs.
Now, 43% of consumers say that branded video is the most memorable type of content shared by companies.
This makes sense when you consider that almost 75% of people admit to skimming blog posts and multitasking during podcasts. However, science shows that consumers can retain up to 95% of video content.
Adding video with voiceovers to your content marketing strategy can lead to an average brand awareness increase of 54% and higher engagement rates. That may be why 80% of marketers claim that video directly increased their sales.
Does this mean you should stop writing blogs or sharing infographics? Absolutely not! But it does mean you should strongly consider adding more video content to your posting schedule. You can also create short clips that sum up and refresh content you already have.
Nearly 90% of marketers then use their social media channels to distribute this video content, and you should too.
There are billions of people on social media worldwide, which gives your brand the chance to expand its reach, increase brand awareness, and cultivate an engaged audience eager to see what’s new with your company.
Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are the top social media platforms your business should be using to promote your products and services. Besides the exposure, using videos with voiceovers in your social media marketing also helps increase website traffic and lead generation. It even keeps your brand top-of-mind to foster brand loyalty among followers.
As if that wasn’t enough, check out these social media stats if you need more reasons to add videos with voiceovers to your strategy:
- Video is the second most-used content type on social media to increase audience engagement.
- YouTube and Facebook are the most widely used platforms among video marketers — used by 85% and 79%, respectively.
- 83% of video marketers that have used YouTube said it was successful for them.
- Instagram scores the second-highest ROI among marketers.
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media.
- People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content. And over 90% of people who watch videos on their smartphones share them with their network.
Adding videos to your social media marketing not only raises brand awareness and engagement but may also kick off conversions and sales. It just takes the right voiceover talent to cut through the noise and land with your audience.
With all the other types of marketing on the table, you may think email marketing is dead. But roughly 80% of marketers reported an increase in email engagement over the past 12 months. And email marketing still earns the highest ROI for small businesses.
This is because no other form of marketing establishes such an intimate, one-on-one connection as personalized email. Each time a subscriber receives an email from your brand, you have the chance to begin a dialogue and speak with them directly. This helps your brand build lasting relationships that create lifelong customers.
This is especially true when you add video to your email marketing strategy, as these stats prove:
- Add the word “video” in an email subject line, and you may increase open rates by 6%.
- Click-through rates increase by 96% if the first email in a campaign contains a video.
- Adding video content to emails may reduce opt-outs by 75%.
- An email with video can improve subscriber engagement by 40%.
- 87% of marketers say that emails with video increased traffic to their website.
So if responses to your email marketing have been sluggish lately, consider adding videos with voiceovers to reinvigorate your audience’s engagement. And do the same with your social media, product pages, and more to drive home those conversions.
Adding videos with voiceovers is a no-brainer for your marketing strategy, no matter which avenues your brand chooses to reach out.
But here’s the bad news: an annoying voiceover can cause up to 75% of consumers to leave a purchase behind — yikes!
That’s why you should trust VOICEOVERS.com for all your voice talent needs. We vet all our professional actors and help you connect with them using our easy, all-in-one platform. You just need to post your project, listen to a few auditions, cast your perfect actor, and complete your payment in a few clicks.
Plus, you’ll even have access to D-CypherVO, the industry’s first comprehensive voiceover rate calculator. Now you don’t even have to think about or understand rates; it’s all done for you to make your job easier.
(All the compelling statistics in this guide came from The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2020 compiled by the gurus at HubSpot.)